You are a ham. SUCH a ham. You know when you’re being funny, and you throw your head back and laugh hysterically with us, which never fails to make us laugh harder. Then when you’re not getting your way, you can flip the switch to pissed off toddler in a heartbeat. It’s almost shocking! When you’re excited, you shuffle and stomp your feet really quickly and flap your arms in excited anticipation and it cracks us up every time! That’s where the nickname came from – whether you are excited or impatient, you do that foot shuffle to get your point across. You have a big personality for sure. :-)
You still aren’t talking very much, though you’ll randomly bust out words and just refuse to repeat them, so we know that eventually the flood gates of speech will just open. You have started using sign language more all of a sudden, which is really nice. More, all done, milk, and please – you know, the basics!
This past month we got the scare of our lives when you pulled one of the bar stools over on yourself. The Nanny called to tell us you weren’t breathing or moving, and my boss (a doctor) and I made it to the house in 2-3 minutes. By the time we got there you were screaming, and I’ve never been so happy to hear you cry. Turns out you probably had the wind knocked out of you and were in shock for a bit, but you suffered only a few lumps on the head, bruising on the abdomen, and one heck of a black eye. It could have been SO much worse. Thank God you healed up so quickly!
- Length: not sure this month
- Weight: 26#
- Eye color: Very blue
- Teeth: 12 – the 4 front teeth top & bottom, plus 4 molars (2 top, 2 bottom)
- Diapers: Size 4 disposables and 2 columns of snaps showing in your cloth diapers on the mid-rise
- Clothes: 12-18 month clothing
- Sleep: Napping in 1-2 hr chunks, 2x/day (usually 9-10:30 and 1:30-3), sleeping 8pm-6:30am
- Your blanket. It goes EVERYWHERE with you.
- Giving high fives and knuckles
- Climbing EVERYTHING
- Being outside whenever possible
- Folding your hands to pray
- Using Daddy’s iPad to look at pictures & Facetime people
- Going down slides at the playground
- Dipping in sauces
- Playing with your sister
You’re a running, yelling tornado in our lives, Harv-Man, and we love it!
Love you to the moon and back…
Mom, Dad, & Stella